Pages

Thursday, June 14, 2012

First Impressions

How many of you remember the first time your pup walked into your life? I know I do. It was a crisp January night when my wife and I were on our way to the shelter to finally meet our puppy! Getting out of the car I was nervous, but excited at the same time. So many things were running through my head. Will she like us? Will I be a good dad to her? Will she be healthy?

That's when I saw her, nose to the ground sniffing away. Little did I know how adept she would become at finding any morsel of food ANYWHERE!!! It's funny how the first thing I saw her doing has become such a large part of her life today...more on that later.

After our initial meeting I felt relieved, she was such a sweetie pie. As we were leaving the parking lot, Kylie (thats what we named her!), settled into a little ball on my wife's lap...out cold. Below is a picture of Kylie on the 1st night at home with us.


Because of Kylie, my life has changed for the better in so many ways I have lost count.

Tell me your experience when you met your dog for the first time. What do you remember most about that day? How has your dog changed your life?

0 comments:

Post a Comment